Department of Civil Engineering offers one undergraduate programme: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSc. CE)
i) Direct Entry (Form VI) Qualifications
Two Principal level passes in the following subjects: Advanced Mathematics AND Physics. Those without at least a Subsidiary pass in Chemistry at A-Level must have a Credit pass in Chemistry at O-level.
ii) Equivalent Qualifications
Diploma or FTC in Civil Engineering, Civil and Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering with Community Development, or Civil and Irrigation Engineering with an average of “B” or a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Duration: Four years (8 semesters)
Expected Learning Outcome
Graduate in this programme will have wider knowledge in;
- Design of Fundamental elements of Civil Engineering systems, system components and processes;
- Identifying, Formulating and Solving Civil Engineering Problems;
- Professional and Ethical responsibility of Civil Engineers.
Interpret Graduate of Bachelor Degree will have well developed skills in:
- Design of Civil Engineering systems in the areas of Material science and technology, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Construction Management and Economics;
- Data collection, Analysis and Interpretations;
- Managing Construction Sites and Projects;
- Communicating effectively technical solutions to diverse audience through oral, written and graphical communications.
Interpret Graduate of Bachelor Degree will demonstrate their ability through:
- Design of various Civil Engineering systems;
- Managing various Construction Projects;
- Conducting Research and Disseminating research results.
Researches focus areas
Researches in the department of Civil Engineering are majored in the following areas:
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Highway Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Water Supply Engineering
- Waste Management
- Construction Project Management
- Feasibility Study of Construction Projects
- Building Maintenance and Management
The department of Civil Engineering has a resource centre with reference research dissertation books from previous years and other relevant references rich in information crucial for the students.