The vision of SADE is to become a reputable, national and regional Centre of excellence in training, research, consultancy and information dissemination in the areas of architecture, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design, with a view to better the management of change in the natural and built environment and to ensure sustainable human settlement development.
In order to fulfill this vision the School of Architecture and Design is striving to excel in teaching, research and in providing consultancy services in the built environment. In more glamorous terms, the school seeks to accomplish the following specific objectives:
- To improve teaching and research so as to raise the quality of graduates
- To ensure that regular curricula reviews are carried out in order to conform to market demands
- To establish and run long and short postgraduate programmes.
- To enhance research capacity by creating research environment that will develop mechanism for effective dissemination of research findings to targeted users.
- To improve quality of academic staff through further training, research and consultancy.
- To establish capacity for managing consultancy services more efficiently and effectively.
- To provide supportive academic and professional environment to policy and decision makers.